The Färgfabriken building was built in Lövholmen in 1889 by Helge Palmcrantz. In the 1870’s Palmcrantz developed the reaping machines, mowers and the machine gun. His factory was built for the production and was named the Palmcrantz House. In 1902, the paint firm Wilhelm Becker moved its production to the building. In addition to paint, Becker produced a variety of other products such as soap, artists’ and dressing materials.
In the mid 1990's, extensive renovations were carried out in the building, and in 1995 Färgfabriken’s first show opened. Since then, the interiors have been restored and renovated several times, most recently in 2009-2011.
Photo: Erik Lefvander